Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skin systems are frustrating.
06-10-2009, 06:11 PM,
Re: Skin systems are frustrating.
Hey sam,

Just for the extra tight hold really, I have been told skin is the way to go when playing sports

If anyone has different ideas, please post them!

I find the lace lifts a bit when I play
06-11-2009, 05:48 AM,
I have heard this too. That skin is good for more solid holds, this can be true, but this would also mean that you are using a strong adhesive. Blue tape i think is the strongest adhesive, If you used it on skin u would have a super hold, however, good luck trying to remove it. I never tried ultrahold on skin, but i would imagine it would be a nightmare to clean up.

The good thing about skin for me, is that the hairs cant go through the backside of the lace. Also glues and adhesives cannot go through the skin to cause a mess. What else. yeah ur front hairline will not have a dirt line or hairs dirt will not stick to it, because the skin covers the adhesive. and also skin is easier to clean white cream glues off the base.. Thats about all the pluses i can think of .

The downsides to skin for me, The noise it can make when u touch it. it is not too comfortable in hot weather. and i feel u are limited in what you can use to attach the system. especially now with super tapes and st30 tapes non residue tapes. They make removing and applying on lace very easy and do not leave a residue. So the benefits of skin are not as great as they used to be.

oh one more positive of skin. I think if u get a knotted skin piece it seems more durable than lace.
06-12-2009, 11:40 AM,
skin type systems can be put on with a cemented bond (glue on both the scalp and the skin unit, then fused together) giving a stronger bond for contact sports etc., that is why downundersyd wants to try one, at my suggestion. he only has a small partial and I think both skin and lace will work well on him.....but for sports or exercise, the skin may suit him better. he'll just have to try both and see which is his favorite....let us know downundersyd!! I want to see how you make out with sports and wearing.
DebbieS.
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com">www.splitendshairreplacement.com</a><!-- w -->
06-12-2009, 11:59 AM,
yeah syd mate will be really interested to see whats better. I'm definately trying out for university first or second team, if skin is better might be an idea to invest in them
06-13-2009, 07:40 AM,
you guys ever think that the reason why ur head and face sweat is to cool ur body down? Does anyone get concerned about overheating or heat stroke because of a skin system? I mean its essentially cutting off all air from your head and also preventing you from sweating which cools the head area. our brains might be overheating haha
06-13-2009, 01:45 PM,
Xeon005 Wrote:I think skin systems are pretty frustrating systems to have. I am starting to prefer lace. I have been trying to find tapes or something that are easy to clean off of skin systems, but I cant find any. Even coolpieces no residue tape leave a messy residue on this skin piece. what tape do you guys use on thin skin systems?

regards

Which type of skin? The recent "very thin" system I found was difficult to clean, and would not attach with G2BG. The regular PSB type skin system I really like, before G2BG I'd used I-Glue or Ultra Hold. It's pretty easy to apply to the skin first, the front edge may need touching up and for me requires a comb down style. It seemed to me after a while that I did need not try to completely get all of the glue off the base. It would stay kind of tacky, after wiping any clumps of residue off with alcohol. It didn't seem to matter when re-attaching, still looked fine. Unlike lace, the glue residue does not seep up into the hair.

With G2BG, it's a breeze to attach, remove & clean. I prefer using the smallest size base possible, with the system hair a bit longer on the sides. I don't notice a lot of difference in the summer, I've prespired quite frequently and it holds fine for at least a day or two. I try to really press down all over the entire base, stretching very slightly and maintaining the pressure till the G2BG sets up. It is near impossible with my hairline to get it to stay down strong enough to comb the hair back without lift.
06-16-2009, 06:02 AM,
well I have another skin piece with a lace front. I use got2bglued for the base which works pretty well. And the very front center of the hairline extending a little bit to the sides ill use either glue, or blue tape, or whatever tape. and for the temple flap areas i use got2beglued as well. this usually gives a good attachment and easy to clean.
06-16-2009, 08:05 PM,
Yes skin units can be applied with a cemented bond by putting glue on both the unit and your head. But because you sweat a lot more than with a lace unit, and the sweat has nowhere to go, it tends to break the glues down fiarly rapidly. The hair also seems to lay much flatter with skin units and injected hair can shed quicker than knotted.
06-17-2009, 12:52 AM,
Red liner on the PSB. Blue liner on top of that. You get an outstanding hold with easy cleanup. I can't say how that would work on the new thinnest skin.
06-18-2009, 05:29 AM,
I have a knotted skin. Some factories can make the knots Small enough where it does not seem to be a concern for me.