Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skin systems are frustrating.
06-09-2009, 06:18 AM,
Skin systems are frustrating.
I think skin systems are pretty frustrating systems to have. I am starting to prefer lace. I have been trying to find tapes or something that are easy to clean off of skin systems, but I cant find any. Even coolpieces no residue tape leave a messy residue on this skin piece. what tape do you guys use on thin skin systems?

regards
06-09-2009, 11:51 AM,
Re: Skin systems are frustrating.
What kind of hold r u looking to get, Xeon? Once I know, I should have an idea, as I have tried LOTS of tapes on PSB perimeters over the years. BTW, are you dissatisfied with the Got2B attachment? I remember u said u can apply in seconds.
06-09-2009, 01:00 PM,
Something that would hold for a good 2-4 days. Yeah i use the got2bglued on skin. its basically the only thing that works on skin that does not leave a mess. But i would like to use a tape. I have tried supertape, No residue tape, blue tape *big mistake lol. I never had this problem on the thicker poly-w-gauze perimeter. But the very thin skin seems to suck up all the residue when removing tapes. plus i find the all skin units are terrible hot and uncomfortable in the summer.

regards
06-09-2009, 03:30 PM,
Xeon005 Wrote:I think skin systems are pretty frustrating systems to have. I am starting to prefer lace. I have been trying to find tapes or something that are easy to clean off of skin systems, but I cant find any. Even coolpieces no residue tape leave a messy residue on this skin piece. what tape do you guys use on thin skin systems?

regards
I use CLEAR good quality SCOTCH TAPE and leave a small dog ear on the poly then put Blue Liner on it to attach to the skin. The scotch tape holds weel to the poly and is very very easy to peel off without stretching the poly.
06-10-2009, 03:22 AM,
Xeon005 Wrote:plus i find the all skin units are terrible hot and uncomfortable

Well, that ends it right there, no? Why would you want to find a solution to keeping something on longer that is equivalent to wrapping your knot in SaranWrap!?! Confusedhock:
I love watching women walk in shoes that are too high or tight or both & wondering why the hell they're making the comfort sacrifice for the look? When there are better alternatives that are just as good.......same with the hair, I guess.
06-10-2009, 05:38 AM,
Yeah good point. I dont mind the skin systems in cool weather or the winter, but if im going to be hot or sweating, I rather have lace. I forgot about the scotch tape idea, very good thank you for reminding me.
06-10-2009, 11:24 AM,
I used to swear by thin skin units.

Then I switched to lace. Other than having to touch up the front a couple days earlier, the comfort factor is great! The part I like is when I touch the base, I don't hear that crunchy noise that sometimes skin units can make when you push on them.
06-10-2009, 02:43 PM,
Yeah IMHO lace beats any skin unit in most areas.

I'd never go skin personally, besides maybe the sides and back perhaps. but even then i think lace is more versatile and easy to work with....so all lace for me..

Sam
06-10-2009, 04:59 PM,
Is there anything positive about a skin piece?

I wil be trying one for when I play football for 3/4 hours on the weekends, thats about it really.
06-10-2009, 05:30 PM,
downundersyd

Is there any specific reason you want a skin piece for football?

Lace pieces for football will be just fine imo.

Sam