Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
maintaining styled look
06-13-2009, 04:38 AM,
maintaining styled look
Hey Guys,

This may be a stupid question but how do you guys maintain the styled look throughout the day.

I can get it looking supreme for an hour or 2 and then the hair dries up and goes back to the just out of bed dry look. Just cant maintain moisture.

I wet the hair get it damp, put some paul mitchell in or some gel and still same deal.

has the hair had it ??
06-13-2009, 08:38 AM,
Re: maintaining styled look
Do you apply the paul mitchell straight on to your hair?? Instead take a Pea sized portion of paul mitchell waxworks on your palm. put a few drops of water on it and rub your palms together and then apply it to your hair.

I've always noticed that the waxowrks works better this way.
06-13-2009, 08:43 AM,
this is my washing routine

wash with pantene/ boots shampoo

condition with Aussie Miracle moist shampoo ( a few sprays of nearly natural from debbie before this)

wash conditioner away

spray some pretti slick from debbie on the hair

Once i get the desired style use waxworks to lock the style in.

However I've found that jrobs products are excellent. I tried the shampoo/conditioner and the bluemax serum. Didnt need anything else other than the waxworks and the hair looks as if it was washed and conditioned today ( its actually been 7 days!!!)
06-13-2009, 09:53 AM,
The directions on the tube of Waxworks say to apply to dry hair, but what I have found works best is to dampen the hair with a little leave in conditioner then apply the product. Gives a nice, pliable hold that lasts for days. A spritz of leave-in every morning, muss it up a bit and it's good to go until the next day.

Keep in mind that generally the hair of the piece will be of good quality, but the rigors of processing can take a toll and sometimes you might get a piece that doesn't want to hold moisture very well. You don't have a point of reference yet but after you go through a half dozen units you will see that they will vary from one to the next.