Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
highlights on hairpieces
06-16-2009, 04:37 AM,
highlights on hairpieces
Hi, can I have my high-end professional stylist highlight the piece when they cut it in, or do you have to get highlights done from the factory? If so, why is this? I figure my stylist who highlights women's hair all day would be as good or better than the factory.

thx
06-16-2009, 05:34 AM,
Re: highlights on hairpieces
of course your stylist can highlight the piece for you, why not??
DebbieS.
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com">www.splitendshairreplacement.com</a><!-- w -->
06-16-2009, 07:09 AM,
I thought BA said no once, but if you say it's okay then that's the green light for me! Smile
06-16-2009, 11:34 AM,
I buy my pieces completely blonde (22R) and have a stylist cut and color the whole thing. Its the way to go, I tell ya!
06-16-2009, 12:41 PM,
Why wouldn't you just let the factory ventilate them in? I get highlights in all of my pieces and they have been perfect whenever I gave them the exact specs.

Unless you want something crazy I would just be very specific what you want (where you want them placed and the size) and let them build them in. Less wear and tear on the hair and you don't have to pay the stylist anything extra.
06-17-2009, 03:50 PM,
I ordered a piece highlighted once and the highlights were yellow like Big Bird and were placed in circles. It looked like leopard spots. Just awful.

I'd recommend a salon because they can apply the bleach naturally the way you want it. If you want alot of highlighting, you can do that. If you want subtle highlights, you can have that too. Have them use a small brush or even a fork or comb to apply the bleach and life will be good!
06-18-2009, 11:36 AM,
JK is correct. I have seen the highlights the factory does and let us just say that highlighting is best left in the hands of professionals. There's a reason pro stylists get paid upwards of $100 to color hair.

Either don't do it or take it to someone who colors hair for a living.
06-18-2009, 12:38 PM,
My factory highlights have been perfect when I gave them exact specs.

The real issue I have with adding them later is the potential damage they can cause to the hair. If you bleach the hair in ANY way you are essentially bleaching hair that has already been stripped of all color and then re-colored once.

Then again, I have bleached a whole piece slightly, but never done highlights only. The hair that I bleached (with a shampoo buffer) shed like crazy. That's why I would try to avoid it.

Proceed with caution....
06-19-2009, 04:06 AM,
This one of mine has loads of highlights done by the factory, Absolutly nothing at all wrong with factory highlights when ordered correctly [Image: e9891.gif]

Attached Files Image(s)

06-19-2009, 05:32 AM,
I sent an old piece to the factory with highlights and I got the leopard spot big bird piece sent back. So I don't know how much more exact one can get.

I think its much easier to go to a salon and pay for highlights. That way you can control the amount you want. Most salons don't charge much for men's highlights. Probably $20-$40 when its all said and done!