Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for FredTJr
08-25-2009, 10:16 AM,
Question for FredTJr
H Fred I saw your last pictures posted of your short haircut. When you order your stock pieces from BA I understand that we are not suppose to cut into the front hairline but we can cut it down to size for the sides and back, my question to you is do you use a (A) contour shape tape for your front hairline attachment since the stock peices only come with a (A ) shape contour and if you do, will the (A ) contour shape tape line up to the very front edge of the lace when you cut off the excess lace, I just want to make sure that the shape of the hairline on the stock peice is identical to the (A) contour tape shape and I think you have been wearing the A shape so you would know the answer. Thank You Fred
08-25-2009, 02:34 PM,
Re: Question for FredTJr
ravid4 Wrote:H Fred I saw your last pictures posted of your short haircut. When you order your stock pieces from BA I understand that we are not suppose to cut into the front hairline but we can cut it down to size for the sides and back, my question to you is do you use a (A) contour shape tape for your front hairline attachment since the stock peices only come with a (A ) shape contour and if you do, will the (A ) contour shape tape line up to the very front edge of the lace when you cut off the excess lace, I just want to make sure that the shape of the hairline on the stock peice is identical to the (A) contour tape shape and I think you have been wearing the A shape so you would know the answer. Thank You Fred

Yes, I use an 'A' contour for the front hairline. The 'A' contour tape lines up really well with the front of the units. It doesn't really matter if you have to trim the front hairline a touch to get it to match the 'A' contoured tapes. I use glue in the front so it's not that critical that I have the front trimmed to exactly an 'A' contour.

Smile
Fred
08-26-2009, 03:08 AM,
Fred - what glue are you using? Is it lift week for a week & can I sweat extensively, work out, swim, with no issue? Also, what's clean up like? I've got a full perimeter attachement with Walker No-shine that clean's up & dettaches in about 8 minutes total time.
I HATED the slide, soak, Orange stuff, Dawn dish soap, dry & mirror slide again I needed to do with my one time glue attachement
08-26-2009, 02:33 PM,
Mr.NewYork Wrote:Fred - what glue are you using? Is it lift week for a week & can I sweat extensively, work out, swim, with no issue? Also, what's clean up like? I've got a full perimeter attachement with Walker No-shine that clean's up & dettaches in about 8 minutes total time.
I HATED the slide, soak, Orange stuff, Dawn dish soap, dry & mirror slide again I needed to do with my one time glue attachement

Holy poop Batman what kind of glue were you using ??? Wink

I use Basebond on the front and, currently, NRT around the sides and back and I easily get a weeks hold from that. I doubt very much that that Basebond would work for swimming. I work out and work in the yard a lot and sweat like a stuck pig. My setup works fine for me. Everything is normally still holding strong at the end of the week. If anything the Basebond will lift a little if I really, really sweat a lot but as soon as it's dried out it's fine again.
Cleanup is a snap. I release with 99% alcohol. Basebond and tape stays on my scalp. Sometimes a touch of Basebond remains on the lace however it mirror slids right off in a snap if I do it while the lace is still wet with alcohol. The NRT never leaves any residue anywhere.
For what it's worth, I tried the ST30 tape a while back when it was first offered and was the rage, and simply didn't see an advantage to it for me. It didn't hold any stronger than the NRT for the week that I wear at a time. How can it when the NRT never ever lifts or anything. I tried the ST30 on the front a few times and, as already mentioned, when it gets wet, like in the shower, it swells and shows. The ST30 tape actually left a little tiny bit of residue on my scalp sometimes, compared to the NRT that never has. The ST30 tape is more expensive than the NRT, so I went back to NRT. I still have a roll or two of the ST30 around here.

Smile
Fred

Smile
Fred
08-29-2009, 03:35 AM,
Thanks Fred

My factors on that one & only glue expereince were that:
- I relased with 70% I think
- Did it in 6 days before it truely broke down
- Was too far forward & too big an area being glued

I release with the 91% now & literally go 5 to 8 minutes, end to end. That's on a full Walkers tape perimeter attach. I don't have a small strip of free lace on the front of my two stocks, and there are small hair nubs in it that don't give me a full brush back clean hairline. I've noticed lately, since I've gone to a off on Sat. night, on Sunday AM rotation, that my hairline isn't as sharp as I'd like. It does look nicer when I do a Got2B Glued attach, so I'm thinking, at least with these stocks, that I do need a glued front hairline.