Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lace system with poly perimeter?
08-28-2009, 03:14 AM,
lace system with poly perimeter?
I am about to order my second system from toplace. I'm thinking of going with french lace with a poly perimeter, anyone have any feedback on this type of system. Currently i am wearing all french lace. This new system i am making a template with some temple flaps. Thanks.
08-28-2009, 04:52 AM,
Re: lace system with poly perimeter?
Keeping the lace front, right?

This would be a very durable piece that would be great for frequent removal using tape on the sides and back. The poly holds the piece in shape well (easier attachment) and there's no worries about pulling hair out when you remove the tape.

The biggest downside would be that you might spot a poly edge at lower densities. Minor downsides would be that it's extra material on your head, and it's possible that a loose poly edge would be more detectable to touch than all lace- but if you tape it down with tape just a bit beyond the edge it should be ok.
08-28-2009, 05:29 AM,
Tapehead Wrote:Keeping the lace front, right?

This would be a very durable piece that would be great for frequent removal using tape on the sides and back. The poly holds the piece in shape well (easier attachment) and there's no worries about pulling hair out when you remove the tape.

The biggest downside would be that you might spot a poly edge at lower densities. Minor downsides would be that it's extra material on your head, and it's possible that a loose poly edge would be more detectable to touch than all lace- but if you tape it down with tape just a bit beyond the edge it should be ok.

Thanks for the response. I do remove my hp quite frequently.........decisions, decisions. Big Grin
08-28-2009, 07:13 AM,
I get mine with a poly back and sides up to about the area where your ear is. This allows me to have higher density around the sides and back for blending. I hate it when its very thin on the sides and back. Plus those are the areas that shed the most from sleeping.

Front and middle is all lace.

I'd say about an inch or so around the back and a half inch on the sides are poly.
08-28-2009, 08:06 AM,
JamesKennedy Wrote:I get mine with a poly back and sides up to about the area where your ear is. This allows me to have higher density around the sides and back for blending. I hate it when its very thin on the sides and back. Plus those are the areas that shed the most from sleeping.

Front and middle is all lace.

I'd say about an inch or so around the back and a half inch on the sides are poly.

Could you please give me an example of the difference in density? For example is your hp 65% front and top and 75% sides and back? Thanks!
08-29-2009, 06:06 AM,
ibetalot Wrote:Thanks for the response. I do remove my hp quite frequently.........decisions, decisions. Big Grin

Yeah dude, ideally you could get one like this and it would be your sturdy daily piece, and then you can got others that are all lace or have a swiss lace front or whatever for other times and occasions. But if your budget limits you to one, this would hold up well.