Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ben Affleck again (Photos)
09-28-2009, 08:50 PM,
Ben Affleck again (Photos)
An interesting new look for our boy. I know some people will groan, but I like to keep an eye on what this guy is doing. He hasn't always looked uniformly good, but in recent years (perhaps in response to the rumours about his hair) his piece has been convincing and well styled.

Of particular interest to me is that he clearly has a problem with diminishing temples and thinning sides, and it is interesting to see how a guy who presumably has access to the best wig-makers and hair stylists in the world deals with that. Until recently, he seemed to be doing a "Mr Burns"-style forward sweep of his piece hair to fill in the gap left by his receding temples. In this photo, though, he seems to have given up on that, and has a "Reubin"-style thick piece on top with almost shaved sides. You can clearly see the extent of his temple-loss, and the top of his hair looks very heavy by comparison, and yet the piece overall looks good and not unbalanced. It is almost as if subconsciously your brain thinks: no one would wear a piece that thick with side-hair that thin unless it was real.
09-28-2009, 11:24 PM,
Re: Ben Affleck again
I don't see thinning temples and if that's a piece somebody taking care of the boy should get a raise.
09-29-2009, 05:54 AM,
Baldrich Wrote:An interesting new look for our boy. I know some people will groan, but I like to keep an eye on what this guy is doing. He hasn't always looked uniformly good, but in recent years (perhaps in response to the rumours about his hair) his piece has been convincing and well styled.

Of particular interest to me is that he clearly has a problem with diminishing temples and thinning sides, and it is interesting to see how a guy who presumably has access to the best wig-makers and hair stylists in the world deals with that. Until recently, he seemed to be doing a "Mr Burns"-style forward sweep of his piece hair to fill in the gap left by his receding temples. In this photo, though, he seems to have given up on that, and has a "Reubin"-style thick piece on top with almost shaved sides. You can clearly see the extent of his temple-loss, and the top of his hair looks very heavy by comparison, and yet the piece overall looks good and not unbalanced. It is almost as if subconsciously your brain thinks: no one would wear a piece that thick with side-hair that thin unless it was real.

How sure are you, that he wears a hp?
09-29-2009, 09:07 AM,
I don't see thinning temples either. I think he just shaved the temples and lower side hair very short. Actually, I doubt he wears.
09-29-2009, 10:56 AM,
What planet are you from?

That's a great haircut. There is no thinning temples.

Seriously... some of you guys could stare at a guy with a shaved head and convince yourself they are wearing a hairpiece.
09-29-2009, 08:28 PM,
I agree it doesn't look like a piece now: that is my very point. I only know he is wearing because it used to be much more obvious. Tell me you don't think he was wearing in these photos, for example.

[attachment=1][attachment=0]
09-29-2009, 08:41 PM,
As for his temples, I disagree. Non-balding men have a patch of hair forward of the line of their sideburns. See Obama and Cruise as random examples. That little patch is very important for achieving a realistic look. When you lose it you get the wide forehead syndrome that has been discussed here earlier. It is one of the obvious tells of a hairpiece if a guy has thick hair on top and a low front hairline, but his hairline above his sideburns goes straight up (or even worse, bends back over the ears). That is why people go to the lengths of using flaps on their piece to attempt to fill in that space.[attachment=2][attachment=1]

By contrast, here is a guy who is wearing a hairpiece, but suffering from the problem I have just mentioned. You can see how wiggy and unbalanced the piece looks without that crucial patch of hair. Affleck is the same, but he seems to get away with it.[attachment=0]
09-30-2009, 12:00 AM,
:lol: Only and I mean only some hairwearers would be this analytic, Here go with this style, All sorted :

Attached Files Image(s)

09-30-2009, 01:58 AM,
EVERY Hairline is different. Ben's hair now looks real, some of these guys had acting parts that had them shave their heads and perhaps they did wear while it was coming back, don't know, don't care. All that matters is how things look TODAY and if he had hair loss, he does not have it now. Maybe it,s transplanted, I know people with hairlines that are low, high, wide, thick and thin at all ages. A while back I had a friend that had GREAT hair, and someone asked if it was a piece, I have no idea why they thought it was a pice because it was a GREAT head of hair....
09-30-2009, 08:19 AM,
Re: Ben Affleck again (Photos)
This analyzing of the temples and recession and hairlines is obnoxious. I see so many guys in my barber shop daily that have thick moppy heads of hair, weird hairlines, temple recession, cowlicks, etc.

There is a guy on the TV news in town here that everyone said wore a wig. So they did a segment where he gets his hair cut really really short at a barber shop to disprove the myth.

Fact is, lots of movie stars wear hairpieces. Lots of people in real life wear hairpieces.

Just think about this... if a hairpiece looks like real growing hair, and real growing hair looks like a hairpiece, then what?